Anesthesia Experts enables your anesthesia practice to maximize revenue by utilizing a specialized anesthesia billing solution.
Billing and collection can be one of the most confusing and stressful parts of the anesthesia procedure. We know the importance of tailoring a unique billing solution for your anesthesia department. Anesthesia Experts enables clients to maximize revenue by utilizing a specialized billing solution and collection program. The accounts receivable and office management process includes:
- Information Gathering: We examine your model to try to create the perfect billing solution. Anesthesia Experts will develop custom design charge tickets or will use an existing one, if available.
- Information Transfer: As part of the billing solution, Anesthesia Experts will establish electronic transfer to enable clients to send billing information to Anesthesia Experts.
- Data inputting: Anesthesia Experts realize that accuracy in claims submission relies on accuracy in data entry. We have a set of checks and balances to ensure that all patient demographics and insurance information is entered exactly as it is submitted to us. If the hospital has the capabilities then Anesthesia Experts establishes an electronic hospital link for verification of patient demographic and medical record information.
- Information Processing: An essential part of any billing solution is making sure that procedures are coded correctly. Anesthesia Experts has experienced personnel assign ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes and CPT procedure codes to charges. Coders are AAPC Certified or in process of certification. Our coder’s productivity and accuracy are continuously measured by audits for quality assurance.
- Billing Solutions: Anesthesia Experts has discovered that the failure to stay on top of highly complex billing processes at each and every step results billing delays and therefore, lost income. In our experience, the more thorough a billing solution, the better the results with respect to profit retention. Anesthesia Experts monitors and manages each step of the process by using database technology such as an automated comparison of contracted rate versus actual payments. Anesthesia Experts electronically files insurance claims to a clearinghouse or directly to the insurance carriers on a daily basis. Electronic claims submission speeds claims processing and expedites payments by providers. All secondary and tertiary insurance is filed automatically for all claims. In order to decrease rejections or denials, all claims undergo a scrubbing or editing process for errors, which are fixed before being sent. Patient statements are printed and mailed weekly.
- Payments: Part of creating an effective billing solution is taking the time to explain the system to your patients. Anesthesia Experts work hard to maintain a positive relationship with your patients while maximizing reimbursements for your practice. Our customer service representatives take the time to explain the intricacies of insurance coverage and healthcare reimbursement to your patients who have questions regarding their bill. We find that by going through these additional steps we are often able to collect a higher percentage of revenues from the patient while decreasing the incidence of patient complaints. Payments are credited to patients accounts daily to insure accurate information when handling patient inquires. Once all insurances have been exhausted, the balance is transferred to the patient on a continuous billing cycle. This continuous billing cycle ensures that any patient making regular payments will be considered current. Where appropriate, our billing representatives work with your patients to set up monthly payment plans. Although these payment plans represent only a small percentage of your receivables, such policies are invaluable to your public image.
- Delinquent Accounts: Anesthesia Experts automatic statement cycle ensures that insurance and self-pay follow-up is done in the most efficient and timely manner as part of each client’s billing solution. This service can be fully customized for each practice and allows the client to specify the number of statements their patients receive, the firmness of the dunning notice that appears on statements, the number and severity of pre-collection letters, and the selection of a collection agency that specializes in medical collections.
- Reports: It is important that our clients are able to evaluate how the billing solution is working for them. Anesthesia Experts comprehensive monthly reports provide all of the management information that is required to manage an anesthesia practice. Reports can be customized to fit your specific data needs to include any type of demographic, patient, or provider information. In addition, Anesthesia Experts has developed a special report to assist in the early detection of any potentially fraudulent billing.
To learn how Anesthesia Experts can provide your anesthesia department with innovative billing solutions, call 1-866-703-5960.
The motto at Anesthesia Experts is “Simply the Best.” Anesthesia Experts employs over 110 anesthesia providers in 8 states.