The ASA Resident Component (RC) and Medical Student Component (MSC) Governing Councils are elected member committees that direct the programs and activities for residents, fellows, and medical students at the national level. Elected members gain leadership experience and interact with peers and mentors in the field. Positions available include:
- President-Elect (first- and second-year residents)
- Alternate Delegate (AMA Resident and Fellow Section)
- Junior Co-Editor (Residents’ Review monthly column in the ASA Monitor)
Medical Student Component
- President-Elect (first- and second-year students)
- Diversity and Inclusion Liaison
- Member at Large
- Senior Advisor (fourth-year students)
- Alternate Delegate (AMA Medical Student Section)
Required materials include:
- Completed application
- One-page statement that summarizes qualifications and platform
- Curriculum vitae
- Strong letter of support from the candidate’s residency program director or school faculty.
Applicants can find more information or apply at asahq.org/rc or asahq.org/msc by September 1. All applicants will be afforded the opportunity to address the delegates. Terms begin immediately and most are for two years, with a few exceptions. Elections will occur during the ASA Resident Component House of Delegates and ASA Medical Student Component House of Delegates sessions on October 15, 2023, in San Francisco, California.